As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 30+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam and have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking and continuous learners.
As an ESG Intern in our Rotterdam office, you will have an active role in supporting to diagnose and evaluate a company’s sustainability efforts and implementing sustainable changes within their organisation.
Through your work, you will have an opportunity to build consulting skills and support the team to engage with SMEs and large organizations in completing sustainability certificates and ratings as well as setting up their sustainability management system and reporting processes. As training and growth are a central part of Nexio Projects, we will provide you with the tools and teachings to allow you to grow.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Update our clients’ sustainability policies, procedures and reports.
- Work on sustainability gap analyzes of our clients and developing roadmaps to improvement.
- Learn and applying various assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…).
- Identify the actions and measures needed for our clients to embed sustainability into their DNA.
- Conduct research on specific sustainability topics and have a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Write, analyze, format, and summarize information, graphs, presentations, and reports
- Support your project manager in client-facing calls.
- You are excited by the idea of working in a nimble, startup environment.
- You have deep interest in and thorough understanding of sustainable development topics and corporate sustainability.
- You have strong written communication skills: Write clear emails and reports, make complex ideas accessible.
- You are motivated to put your analytical skills to work towards the Nexio Projects mission of building a more sustainable future.
- You are a well organized person who can prioritize tasks and have strong time management skills.
- You are a team player that works quickly, and independently.
- You are a doer, who is impact-driven and a strong multitasker.
- You thrive in diverse and intrapreneurial environments where initiative taking is rewarded.
- BA, BSc, HBO or WO – with a linkage to business/management studies and sustainability.
- You are fluent in English – Dutch, French or any additional European language is a key advantage.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and other software.
- You have 6 months to 1 year of work experience.
- Your scope of interest in sustainability goes beyond work, and is also part of your lifestyle.
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment.
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key.
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part).
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 50% of the time – if desired.
- Fresh fruit delivery every week.
- A salary of €800 a month for our interns.
- Transportation allowance if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work;
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental and physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription.
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialize in climate change.
- A fun, friendly, start-up environment, with: A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work; A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week, and get to know each other on a more personal level; Quarterly team events; Volunteering opportunities
- Location: Rotterdam
- Job type: 6-month internship, with possibility to extend as a full-time contract (depending on performance)
- Optimal start date: August / September
- Application deadline: Please upload your application ASAP
- Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (50/50 work from office, work from home policy). We take every precaution necessary to minimize risk of COVID-19 infection among employees and adhere to all RIVM guidelines
???? We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world.