Do you want to go the extra mile when it comes to solving problems? Do you want to help Shell Recharge Solutions succeed and be involved beyond the technical aspect? Then the role of SRE Engineer might be the job for you!
We are shell recharge solutions
We are Europe’s largest electric charging partner. We are on a mission to enable everybody to drive as many kilometres as possible powered by clean energy. We do that by offering large-scale smart charging solutions to the masses. We contribute to a low-carbon world by making EV charging easy, accessible and smart, with the best expertise, highest quality & service.
Our award-winning services include charge points and a mobile app and charge card, that provides access to 250,000 charge points in over 35 countries – the largest charging network in Europe
What you’ll be in charge of
In this role, you will be a senior member and mentor in our SRE team that will ensure the stability of our platform, and support our development teams in building, deploying and monitoring their applications and services. Help with finalizing the transition of our team to a true SRE function. Define, roll out and maintain scalable infrastructure using ‘Infrastructure as Code’ and research and advise on technology choices. You will be a member of a 5 personal SRE Team in the “Technology, Quality & Design” department in our office in Amsterdam, where you will work on improving our monitoring and telemetry system, an incident response process, mature RCA and blameless postmortem process, building and running “platform as a service” offerings for the dev teams.
You should be able to code your way out of every problem.
This is how you’ll contribute
- Part of a team of 5 SRE engineers.
- Working with product teams to understand our customer needs and assist in building scalable and stable solutions and assist with release planning.
- Be versed in and mentor team on Amazon Web Services, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies.
- Create conceptual, logical and physical designs for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms in a quickly changing and evolving environment.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability.
- Support Development teams in deploying, scaling, monitoring and debugging their applications/microservices.
- Share the leading practices with internal team members and departments.
This is who you are
- BS in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience
- Experienced in working in a “real” SRE team.
- Well-versed in all aspects of SRE and practices (Dickerson’s Hierarchy of Service Reliability)
- Excellent mentoring skills
- 5+ years of experience creating native cloud solutions. (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 5+ Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Programming experience in Python and/or other programming languages.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with security principles for cloud-based solutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques.
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies
AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, Developer or System Administrator)
Experience with DC/OS or equivalent container-based lifecycle management technologies
Experience with Serverless applications and services, AWS API Gateway, Lambda etc.
Interest in EV Charging and sustainability
Become part of the change
Working at Shell Recharge Solutions means working in a fun, fast-growing international company with big ambitions.
By joining us, you will:
- Contribute to a more sustainable future;
- Become an expert in e-mobility;
- Work in an open and transparent culture with colleagues from all over the world;
- Receive a competitive salary that fits your experience + bonus;
- Receive a MacBook;
- Enjoy daily healthy lunches, prepared by our master chefs;
- Develop your skills and expertise through several pieces of training. Besides this, you will receive a personal training budget and set your annual goals with your personal development plan;
- Enjoy our fun weekly get-togethers (drinks), our annual winter and summer outing, Shell Recharge Solutions running team on the Dam tot Damloop, or any other event initiated by colleagues!
Click here to apply and become the Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Shell Recharge!