Who we are:
Future of Food Institute is an ambitious market research and insights agency founded in 2018. We specialise in consumer behaviour in the area of sustainable food. We help impact-driven organisations by offering accessible and crystal-clear consumer insights from qualitative and quantitative consumer research. Our research is not only commercial but also advises not-for-profit and governmental organizations.
Why we exist:
It is clear that certain changes need to take place in what and how we eat. Climate change, water scarcity, biodiversity loss, deforestation, but also chronic disease and obesity are all connected to our food system. Interventions and innovations in different stages of the food chain have the potential to make a difference, but only if they actually reach the consumer.It is our mission to help sustainable food companies to innovate faster and to communicate with more impact. In collaboration with other impact-driven food-chain organisations, we empower and inspire consumers to make more sustainable food choices.
You will be an all-round research assistant and manager of your own project, which means:
- You will help us conduct research projects from A to Z!
- Conception and definition of goals and research questions
- Design of study flow, qualitative (e.g. online community, interview, or focus group), or quantitative (questionnaire)
- Practical set-up of the study, in our own consumer panel or in collaboration with external partners
- Data analysis, presentation, and interpretation
- Writing-up reports in clear and concise language
- You will help out with a few practical and administrative aspects as well
- If your educational institution requires it, you will be able to conduct your own study – from start to finish. Together we will choose a fitting topic and you will design, conduct, and write up the results of the study (with our support).
What you know and what you do:
You have recently completed, or are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s (HBO or WO) or Master’s program in social sciences, for example, consumer studies, psychology, and behavioural economics.
- You have hands-on experience in designing and executing qualitative and quantitative “people studies”;
- You have an affinity for sustainable, innovative and/or healthy food, support our mission and want to contribute to it;
- You are no stranger to Excel or PowerPoint, and have experience with at least one statistical analysis tool (SPSS, R, Stata);
- You have experience programming questionnaires;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
Who you are:
- You want to contribute to our mission to empower consumers to make food choices that are good for them as well as the planet;
- You take initiative and feel the urge to get involved;
- You are organized and have attention to detail;
- You like thinking outside the box and coming up with creative solutions;
- You are an open, enthusiastic person.
What we have to offer:
- An ambitious, mission-driven company;
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment – you’ll witness every aspect of the business;
- A small but growing team;
- Challenging tasks with a steep learning curve;
- Our own research facilities, including our own consumer panel;
- Working for start-ups as well as large organizations, for-profit as well as governmental or NGO;
- You will work from our office in The Hague, in the vibrant co-working space The Hague Tech (next to train station Laan Van NOI), or hybrid (min. 3 days in the office);
- An appropriate internship fee.
Why we love working here (and you will too):
- We work with game changers: We love to work with organisations that are doing something meaningful for people and the planet.
- Supportive team: Learn and work with your experienced colleagues, and reap all the cultural benefits of a small team.
- Balance of autonomy and collaboration: You will have space to learn by doing. That does not mean you are in this alone, we will support you and guide you in your learning process.
- Analytical but with a creative flair: We work on our client’s challenges with a blend of analytical precision and out-of-the-box thinking.
Do you see yourself in this role?
We are curious to know why you want to do an internship at Future of Food Institute. Tell us briefly about your relevant experience and how you can make a difference. Please send this letter (Dutch or English) together with your CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Internship Application”. The start and end days of the internship are flexible, but the minimum length is three months. We will be looking at applications on a rolling basis and the final deadline is June 30th. Hopefully, we can start working together soon!